Read this tutorial to learn how to update shareit on your PC. This is a step by step shareit update guide which anyone can follow. Please read the article carefully to learn all important things about shareit.
SHAREit is a data transfer tool that was developed by Lenovo for Android phones, and then it was also released for other platforms such as iOS and Windows. Most of the people prefer SHAREit since it has the ability to send and receive data between different operating systems quickly and easily. There were days when you had to connect your smartphone to your PC using USB Cabel to transfer files between your devices. Back then people used to use a pen drive to transfer files from one PC to another. But now, you can do it without any physical connection between the two devices. SHAREit uses TCP or Transmission Control Protocol to transfer your data. In simple terms, it means that the data to be sent is first broken down into small pieces called ‘packets.’ These data packets are then transmitted to the receiver, and when all of these packets have been successfully received, the receiving device combines them to make the original file once again.
Some requirements which should be met before you install or update SHAREit on your PC are.
- 1. Intel Pentium IV or faster.
- 2. Minimum of 512MB of RAM is available.
- 3. 50MB of free space on your hard disc.
How to Update ShareIt
Since the developers of SHAREit app are constantly trying to introduce freshly brewed features in their app, it is very important to update your SHAREit version on your PC from time to time. If you do not update it for a long time, you might end-up facing compatibility or stability issues. Also, you will be unknown to the newly added features for SHAREit on your PC and thereby, not be able to use them. Hence, it is really important to keep your SHAREit version updated.
So let’s understand the steps which you need to execute to update SHAREit to the latest version.
Step 1- Open your web browser on your PC and enter ‘https://7downloads.com/download-shareit-for-pc-laptop-windows-78-8-1‘ link address in your search bar and hit enter.
Step 2- Download the latest version of SHAREit for your PC. Select the operating system for which you want this application. Once you click on Windows/Android/iOS, a particular file will get downloaded. In the case of a PC, the file will be in the (.exe) extension.
Step 3- Once the file gets downloaded completely, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder on your PC.
Step 4- Search for a file with the name ‘SHAREit-KCWEB’ in the list. Once you find it, right-click on it and select ‘Run’ from the drop-down box.
Step 5- Then, follow the dialog boxes which pop-up to initiate the installation process of SHAREit on your PC.
SEE ALSO: How To Use ShareIT To Transfer Files Between PC, Android and iPhone.
Once this installation process gets completed on your PC, the SHAREit you have been using on your PC will get updated to the latest version.
Using the above method, you can update SHAREit on your PC. Once you update SHAREit to its latest version, you can make use of the newly introduces features. If you encounter any difficulty in executing the steps mentioned above or if you have a better method, then please let us know in the comments section below.
Must Check: How to Fix Common ShareIT Errors (Using ShareIT App Like A Pro).
Features Of ShareIt for PC
Some of the features of SHAREit which make a difference are the following.
- 1. The user interface of SHAREit looks beautiful in its blue and dull-white color. Also, it is quite simple to understand.
- 2. SHAREit is compatible with all sorts of devices. If you cannot connect to other devices using the direct option, there are other options such as QR codes, IP transfer, etc.
- 3. You are not restricted to sharing your files with a single person at a time. You can share them with multiple people conveniently using SHAREit.
- 4. You do not need any data carrier or any data plan to share these files between two devices.
- 5. You can easily view all the files present on your PC or smartphone using the ‘Remote View’ which has thumbnails and previews available. This makes selecting the appropriate files easier.
- 6. Using SHAREit, you can share photos, music, video, apps, PDF, and other file types with no size restrictions.
- 7. You can also backup your data with a single click and never lose out on important files.