Read this tutorial to learn how you can use SHAREit App like a Pro. Know how to use SHAREit to transfer files between PC, Android, and iPhone easily. This is the latest 2018 guide which anyone can follow.
Remember the days of Bluetooth when it used to take five minutes to send a small audio file, and after receiving it, we used to hope that the received file is not corrupted in any way? Well, those days are gone now. 7downloads is here to help you get the fastest file sharing app in the world.
SHAREit is a data transfer tool that allows users to send and receive data using Wi-Fi Direct technology. SHAREit was developed by Lenovo for Android phones, and then it was also released for other platforms like iOS and Windows. The thing that makes SHAREit stand out from other applications in the same genre is its ability to send and receive data between different operating systems quickly and easily. SHAREit claims to have over 600 million users from 200 countries.
Now about the technical data; SHAREit can transmit data at the speed of 20 Mbit/s or 2 MB/s without using any type of cables or your data pack. Yes, it works wirelessly. It uses TCP or Transmission Control Protocol to transfer your data.
In simple terms, it means that the data to be sent is first broken down into small pieces called ‘packets.’ These data packets are then transmitted to the receiver, and when all of these packets have been successfully received, the receiving device combines them to make the original file once again.
#1. Android to Android File Transfer
How to use SHAREit: Transferring files from one Android phone to another is easy due to the smooth user interface of the SHAREit app.
- Download the SHAREit App in both phones from 7downloads.com and launch the app.
- In the phone that is going to send the data, press the send button and select the file you want to send. It can be an audio, video, document or any other file type. You can also select multiple files.
- Then on the phone that is going to be receiving the data press the receive button. SHAREit will ask for some permission to switch on the hotspot or Wi-Fi. Accept them, and you will be ready to receive them.
- Then on the sender’s phone, wait for the receiving phone to appear and then select it. The data transfer will now start
#2. Between Android and iOS/Windows Phone
How to use SHAREit: This is relatively trickier to do as compared to transferring data between two Android phones. This method can also be used to transmit data between two iOS devices or two Windows Phones.
- Go to 7downloads.com and download the SHAREit app for both the phones and then launch the app.
- On the Android phone press the send button. Select the files to be sent and then press next.
- On the next page, select Connect to iOS/Windows. SHAREit will ask for some necessary permission. Accept them, and this will start the hotspot on the phone.
- In the iOS/Windows phone go to the settings and then go to Wi-Fi settings. Connect to the network whose SSID is displayed on the Android phone.
- Now go back to the SHAREit app and press the Receive button. The files will now start transferring.
#3. Transfer Files Between Mobile Device and PC
How to use SHAREit: To move files between your computer and cell phone, you will need to install the SHAREit application on your computer too.
- Go to 7downloads.com and install the SHAREit app on both the devices and launch it.
- On your mobile device go to send and then select the files you want to transmit to your computer. After you have selected the files, press the Send button.
- On the next page press Connect to PC in the bottom right corner.
- Start the SHAREit app on the computer. Once you opened your SHAREit on your PC, the receiving device will appear on the sending device. Then, you can send it right away by tapping on the avatar displayed. If your phone does not detect your PC, you may choose to scan a QR Code. Just click “Show QR Code” on your PC and click “Scan to Connect” on your Android. The transfer will now start, and you can share files between the computer and the phone without having to connect it again and again.
SHAREit has recently added audio and video players to the SHAREit app itself so you can watch the received files using the SHAREit app without having to use any other app. iOS users will not have to sync their phones with iTunes to watch received media files.
This is how you can use SHAREit to transfer files on your PC in super high speed from one device to another. If you have any issues while transferring the files, just drop them on the comment box below. We’ll try to help you solve your concerns.