This article contains the most efficient ways to use WhatsApp on PC. Here we have covered top 4 ways to use WhatsApp on PC. I recommend you to read this article carefully each word by word. Without any second thought, anyone who uses a smartphone today can just state this quote “WhatsApp is the best social messaging app” as of today. It’s free, fast and secure what else people will ever want from a social messaging app.
I know it’s all good to use WhatsApp on a smartphone. I have personally found that when it comes to using WhatsApp on a mobile device, everything is at its best. Though the fact that “WhatsApp is not available for iPad” makes me crazy sometimes, that’s the topic for another article. Today, the central theme of this guide is WhatsApp for PC. Or if we speak more accurately “How to use WhatsApp on PC.”
1. Download WhatsApp For Windows 8/8.1/10 or Mac
On May 10, 2016, WhatsApp Officially launched it’s Desktop Client Which we can also call as “Official WhatsApp For PC App.” Thought its basically the same thing like WhatsApp Web, only you will have a dedicated icon and it will take some extra space on your hard disk.
If you don’t want to waste your computers hard drive storage, then the second method which is using WhatsApp Web is best for you. However, if you want to have “Official WhatsApp For PC App” Installed on your computer you can download it from the download link mentioned below.
2. Download WhatsApp for PC/Laptop Using KoPlayer
You see guys, I have tried many ways to use WhatsApp on PC myself, And after spending an enormous amount of time, I’m writing this post. So here you won’t find anything but only the best.
For downloading WhatsApp on PC, the first and easiest way is to use koplayer. koplayer is currently the best android emulator. Along with all the standard features that an android emulator for PC offers, koplayer has an extra feature – “It doesn’t make your PC Slow.”
- Step 1. Koplayer is Very fast, and you can install it on virtually any computer. From here you can download koplayer.
- Step 2. After you download koplayer, just install it. After that download whatsapp apk latest version from here.
- Step 3. After downloading WhatsApp Apk, you have to install it on your PC. For doing that right click on the apk file that you just downloaded and chose open with koplayer. That’s it; now you will see koplayer windows opening. Now you can use WhatsApp on your PC just like how you use it on any Android phone or iPhone.
Watch the video below to learn how to download WhatsApp for PC and how to use WhatsApp on PC with koplayer.
Also Check: Download Pokemon GO For PC/Laptop Windows 7/10/8/8.1.
3. Use WhatsApp on PC with WhatsApp Web (Official Method)
On January 21, 2015, WhatsApp launched WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp Web is a web client which you can use on a web browser; it syncs your mobile device’s WhatsApp on your browser.
By using this, you will be using the same WhatsApp account which you use on your phone. It only lets you send and receive messages from your computer. I recommend you to use Google Chrome for using this service, as i have found it works best for WhatsApp web. This is the second best method for using WhatsApp on PC/Laptop Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP or Mac for free.
Also Check: Download Psiphon 3,5,6 for PC Windows 7/8/8.1 Laptop.
You can watch the video below to learn how to use WhatsApp Web, or you can directly follow the step by step guide just below this video.
- Step 1. First, make sure your mobile device and computer are connected to the same network.
- Step 2. Now open web.whatsapp.com on your browser and also open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Step 3. For the next step open WhatsApp settings on your phone and click on WhatsApp Web from the settings menu.
- Step 4. Next, you just have to scan the QR code which you will see on your computer’s browser tab. After you successfully scan the QR code, you will see all your chat and conversations on the screen.
Now you can connect via your computer without any issue. Just make sure you don’t disconnect your phones internet connection as it requires both your devices to be connected to the same network.
4. Download WhatsApp for PC Using BlueStacks App Player
Here is the old method for installing WhatsApp on PC. This is the oldest and most widely used method for running WhatsApp on PC. I will just give a brief info about this trick. You can also the video below.
You see BlueStacks is also an android emulator software just like koplayer. Long back when there were no koplayer, people used to use BlueStacks. It was the king of Android emulators. But as of right now bluestacks has become laggy and slow and more than that it makes your PC slow. You can check the step by step guide for learning how you can use WhatsApp on PC using BlueStacks Android emulator for Free.
- Step 1. For Using WhatsApp on PC you first need to download bluestacks on your PC, you can download bluestacks from here. (You can also download bluestacks offline installer from our site)
- Step 2. After you download BlueStacks, just install it and download WhatsApp Apk from here.
- Step 3. Now just right click on downloaded apk file and open it with BlueStacks. You will be able to use Whatsapp on PC if you follow the steps carefully.
Update: I last updated this article on 19 Feb 2017. Originally this article was titled “Download WhatsApp for PC Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP Laptop”. Back then it was a simple guide with only one method, but now i think this has become the ultimate guide for downloading WhatsApp on PC. I hope you will find this guide useful. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section.